To achieve the policy goals of its members, AADMO’s Government Affairs program features some of the following elements:
Direct lobbying for the implementation or defeat of specific legislation and public policy initiatives on behalf of our members. These functions include the development of legislative and regulatory proposals, introduction of policy options, promotion of issue constituencies, information services to the public, media and related policy interests.
• Provide leadership in the identification, analysis and development of legislative/regulatory policies of importance to our members. We prepare briefing materials, legislative bulletins, reports, policy statements, fact sheets and letters on the significant regulatory and legislative issues.
• Represent and advocate our members’ interests in all levels of meetings, where available, with elected officials, the White House, Congress, federal agencies and non-government organizations.
• Involve your organization as policy resources as providers of Congressional testimony, hearing record statements, regulatory comment letters and other official communications on issues of importance to your business.
• Maintain a system of monitoring key areas of policy activity for the purpose of obtaining advance notice of efforts adverse to our members’ interests.
• Participate in agency advisory boards, committee hearings and facilitate participation by our members.
• Maintain regular liaison with key personnel in Congress, federal agencies and other policy makers.
• Provide an action program that will educate our members on the different legislative and regulatory issues facing them.
• Develop and maintain effective grassroots and other strategies for achieving our members’ policy goals.
• Monitor, research and analyze policy activity through the Federal Register, Congressional Record, agency bulletins, industry press, committee reports, commissions and task forces, state legislation, policy statements and regulatory proposals.
• Develop and manage grassroots programs to effectively mobilize and utilize the association’s membership to achieve our members’ goals. Functions include targeted mailings, broadcast FAX/FLASH messages, state level political action and fundraising.
• Conduct grassroots based lobbying functions. Provide information and advise on government affairs and public policy issues. Coordinate member involvement in oversight of agency activities, rapid response to agency matters as needed, and activities such as visiting, calling and writing elected officials.
• To Learn the Voter Registration Deadlines for Your State – Click Here
• To Find Your State Governor’s Webpage – Click Here
• Read About AADMO’s Work on Capitol Hill – Click Here